Monday, July 31, 2006

Chisago Lakes SL: No Show

#5 posting 7.31.2006
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

CHISAGO LAKES SUMMER LEAGUE
I took a trip up to Chisago Lakes to see the finals of the CLSL, but when I got there the place was deserted. I went around the school and even checked the ice arena (that is where all the cars were). It was a good hour up for a Subway sandwich.
I imagine it was postponed due to the sweltering heat.

It wasn't a total wash out. I picked up a book at Barnes & Noble. More about that tomorrow.

WHAT IS NEXT?
The Sweet 16 is about all that is left in August. What then? There is always something, somewhere going on. Coaches still need to be hired. Players will transfer. Players will verbal. Michigan opens practice on August 14.
In the coming weeks I will be evaluating the summer season indepth, my own personal awards, and comparisons with HS. Of course the Lynx are still playing and their games are being digested.

I want to thank all the readers. You folks provide a lot of good information. If you have news let me know. Email me from the profile about a mile down on the right side of this blog.

Next up: tomorrow with the general news of the day, plus two out & abouts North Tartan vs New Mexico Heat Elite and North Tartan Blue vs Mpls Lady Lakers.