Sunday, July 23, 2006

SD Elite, MN Quest Win 2nd Week

#2 posting 7.23.2006
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

ADIDAS TOURNAMENT
SD Elite and MN Quest won for the second time in two weeks. SD Elite last week won the Miss Basketball Showcase in Kearney Nebraska. MN Quest won the Green Division in the Chicago Nike Tournament. This weekend SD Elite beat Iowa Select I for the second time this season 56-49. SDE reached the finals with a 52-37 win over Iowa Elite 52-37. Iowa Select I reached the finals in dramatic fashion with Kelsey Bolte hitting the game winner at the buzzer against Indiana Elite Open 51-49.

In the 16u Gold championship MN Quest won in overtime on Rebecca Friestleben's runner off the glass 50-48. They beat defending champion Dakota Hardwood in the finals. It was DH's second consecutive overtime game.

In the 15 field WI Lakeside Lady Scholars beat the host team MN Stars Greg Schmitz 62-58. Towards money time both teams combined were 15/17 in scoring possessions. That made for some drama. MN Stars Greg Schmitz beat East Iowa Slam in the semis 67-65. LLS beat Iowa Lightning in the other semis.

I was able to catch all the finals, but they were all scheduled at 4. Being that the 17 game finished first we were able to catch the overtime of the 16u game. When that finished the 15u game had about 7 minutes left.

OUT & ABOUT SCHEDULES
I am glad people want me to be at the games & report, however I can only be at one game at a time. If you have good information/pictures/scoring, let me know. Drop me an email. Go to my profile about 8 miles down on the left. My email address is there.
Here is the schedule of games I will report on this week.
16u quarters MN Quest vs KS Team Excel----- later tonight
17u quarters SD Elite vs Omaha Lady Lakers--- monday
17u quarters IBCA Iowa Select I vs KS Hoop Service Black---monday
16u semis Dakota Hardwood vs Mpls Lady Lakers---tuesday
15u semis MN Stars Greg Schmitz vs East Iowa Slam----tuesday
17u semis SD Elite vs Iowa Elite---wednesday
17 finals SD Elite vs IBCA Iowa Select I ----wednesday


All in all the tournament people were hospitable, the games, teams, and players were worth watching. The gyms were too hot, but a reliable source brought a fan and was the envy of all the fanless fans in the gym.

Next up: later tonight: a look at the now Suzie McConnell-Serio less Lynx vs Sacramento in her final coaching endevour for MN.