Saturday, January 07, 2006

Out & About: Road to nowhere

Tonight I thought I was going to see Woodbury at Edina. That is what the MN State HS League website indicated. That was not the case. I traveled to Edina HS which is undergoing construction. All that was going on was some youth basketball practices. So I jumped in my car thinking the construction kept the teams away. I went across town to the old Edina East High School. The only thing going on there was the boys game. By that time it was about 7:10 and I had no close by game to attend so I returned home.
I hope, and I will double check, to see two games tomorrow including the battle of #1s AAA Marshall at AA Breck.

POINT PARADE
IL
A
Nicole Saari, South Beloit 32 vs Ashton-Franklin Center 58-37

IA
3A
Jen Allen, Grinnell 31 vs Norwalk 45-56 (j3)

MN
AA
Alex Montgomery, Cannon Falls 25 vs Farmington 62-55 (d28)

SD
B
Kristi Board, Doland-Conde 25 vs Ipswich 53-27

WI
2
Ginny Mudgett, Walworth Big Foot 25 vs Parkview 57-45

TOURNAMENT ALERT
Iowa-Illinois Shoot out
Blackhawk College, Moline IL
Saturday, January 7th
11 am Davenport West vs United
other games
Muscatine vs Peoria Central
Davenport North vs Geneseo
Bettendorf vs Rock Island
Davenport Assumption vs Moline
* 1/2 stars