Monday, July 23, 2007

Things that Please Coach Teas

#6 posting 7.23.2007
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

THINGS THAT PLEASE COACH TEAS
We have listed the peeves the past few Mondays (Last week I held off because of my trip to Medora, ND) on a basketball instructional segment call Coach Teas' Pet Peeves. Today we turn 180 degrees and look at things that please coach Teas. He isn't cranky all the time. Coach Teas take it away....

DEFENSE
4. I love seeing players in a zone with their hands up. Passes get deflected or not even attempted when you do that simple thing.

3. I love hearing things like "hands up" or "stay low" from the bench players. All reminders like that help when given in a supporting way during play and NOT after a mistake is made. Let a coach do that.

2. I love to see players move themselves to a position when they can see the ball and person they are guarding. Back up to keep the body square to the baseline on the weak side.

1. I love seeing five defensive players on or toward the ball side when the ball is on the wing.

Next up: later today with a look at the Minnesota Elite Camp at Concordia St. Paul