Friday, July 27, 2007

Coaching Hires in Maple Grove

#2 posting 7.27.2007
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

NORTH TARTAN MELTDOWN
The appropriately named Meltdown tournament kicked off on Thursday. pool play continues today with the brackets all taking place on Saturday at Hopkins.

CHAMPLIN PARK SUMMER LEAGUE
I reported on these games last night. Here is the standings and report from the CP site.

COACHING NEWS
Maple Grove has added Mandy Gillis and Ellen Wiese to their coaching staff. Gillis played her high school ball at Red Rock Central and college ball at Mayville State. Wiese coached the Minnesota Suns 14 White team this summer.
Champlin Park is still looking for an assistant coach.

MARRIAGE BELLS
Champlin Park coach Carl Pierson is getting married in early August.

Thanks to the readers for the help. I can't do this all on my own. Go to my profile to email me your news.

next up: more state news, college reports.