Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

#1 posting 11.23.2006
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
I am thankful that the season is beginning
I am thankful we are 20 degrees above normal
I am thankful that I am relatively healthy
I am thankful my dogs haven't snacked on one another in over three months
I am thankful my wife understands my need to see games
I am thankful that the readers of this site help build it up with suggestions and tips. You folks drive it to the top.

My suggestion is tomorrow after the turkey, after the shopping, head to Hamline to watch Centennial and Mpls North at 6 pm and then the big battle between #1 St. Paul Central and #3 Hopkins.

IOWA REPORTS
Late Tuesday
Camanche topped Northeast in the opener for both 45-33. From the Clinton Herald.

Iowa City West was stingy with its defense in a 44-15 win over Fairfield. In the Washington Evening Journal.

Eddyville-Blakesburg rocketed past Cardinal 52-34. From the Ottumwa Courier.

Woodbury Central more than doubled SC West 52-24. From the Sioux City Journal.

MINNESOTA REPORTS
Previews
Murray County Central has a new coach in Tom Pryor. MCC lost to eventual state champs Fulda in the 3A south section finals last year. From the Murray County News.

The Rochester Post Bulletin has previews on the area conferences including the Three Rivers, Southeast, Hiawatha Valley and of course the Big 9. The RPB also has the returning top scorers in the area. They also feature the dynamic duo of Jenny Gilbertson and Devin Bowlin of Winona Cotter.

Red Wing is looking to improve it's offensive output. From the Red Wing Republican Eagle.

Polls
Crookston sits a top the AA poll. Here is the Crookston Times with the AA poll.

POINT PARADE.
to make this list a player needs to score 22 points in the HS, 25 in Minnesota in HS ball.
IOWA
2A
Bobbi Bayer, Eddyville-Blakesburg 31 vs Cardinal 52-34

Next up: later with Michgan final results, Wisconsin recap, and college report