Sunday, February 12, 2006

Out & About: Quick Six Pack

#2 posting 2.11.2006

Today I traveled to Madelia, MN to see six games in the Valley Conference tournament. I am pretty tired, so I'll give you the synopsis tonight, more details tomorrow when I am coherent.

Game 1, Consolation Bracket
Martin Luther 52, Cleveland 36.....Erica Reinke, ML 22 points
Game 2, Consolation Bracket
Madelia 55, Lake Crystal-Wellcome Memorial 45......69 fouls, 8 foul out
Game 3, 7th place game
Truman 66, LeCenter 62......Betsy Wendt, Truman 28 points in the second half, 37 for the game
Game 4, 5th Place game
Martin County West 50, Alden-Conger 38.....Abby Weiss, MCW 20 points
Game 5, 3rd Place game
St. Clair 76, Maple River 59......Casey Gudahl, SC 21 points
Game 6, Championship
Nicollet 59, Granada-Huntley-East Chain 56.....Shannon Renne, N 16 points

For those of you looking for the detailed analysis--it will follow tomorrow, The game account, the player evaluations, and by the numbers. All will follow in glorious detail throughout the day tomorrow. I saw quite a bit, my notebook is full, but I'm nodding off and won't make sense.
I think there might be six updates tomorrow. Besides the games I have the Saturday games to digest and also two days of papers.

Next up tomorrow am