Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Video Streaming Crystal Clear

#1 posting 9.12.2006
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

VIDEO STREAMING
Crystal Clear Sports is putting up 33 football games this fall on the internet. Today the StarTribune showcases CCS. You can also get audio of the games going back the past three years. Their is only one regular season girls game on the net: Mpls South vs Mpls North from Feb. 23, 2006, plus 7 state games. This is obviously a good sign. I assume this part of the internet is going to explode. Rumor is Hopkins will be up with home games this year. More, I am sure, will follow.

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
The FIBA World Championships open today and the USA team is favorites to take the title. They open action in Brazil against China. Katie Smith, former Lynx player and current WNBA champion from Detroit, will be looking to add to her trophy count. Lynx player Seimone Augustus will look to pick up Ws, a rare quantity this season.

BLOCK PARTY
Jeni Molitor, a senior at Bullock Creek, has set a school record with 80 career blocks. This is the second story in the Midland Daily News article.

LATE MICHIGAN ACTION
Cheboygan moved to 5-0 on the year as they beat Escanaba 49-30. From the Cheboygan Daily Tribune and the Escanaba Daily Press.

Brimley beat Big Bay de Noc 66-33. From the EDP

Charlevoix had a 31-7 lead at half as they beat Gaylord 54-30. From the Gaylord Herald Times.

Kalamazoo Loy Norrix won their own Lady Knight Invitational on Saturday. They beat McBain 62-50 behind Cetera Washington's 23 points. From the Cadillac Daily News.

POINT PARADE
A
Cetera Washington, Kalamazoo Loy Norrix 23 vs McBain 62-50

RADIO ACTIVE BLOGGER
Today I will be taking a radio active pill to destroy my thyroid. I have Grave's disease which is a hyperthyroid disease. This does not mean I will be visiting the grave soon.
The docs have been trying to pin this disease down all summer. I noticed in the morning my eyes were all gooey. After about three visits starting in July it was diagnosed after a blood test. My metabolism, already fairly high, was put into overdrive. I have diabetes, and recently was put on insulin. My weight was low to begin with, but with the insulin I was able to get up to 130. With the Grave's disease I have lost 10 pounds again.
Today I will be taking the radioactive iodine treatment. Apparently this is the most common form of treatment. I think that this is not too urgent a situation since I wasn't rushed to the hospital, but scheduled 10 days in advance.

Next up: later today with more Michigan action from last night.