Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Out & About: Cancelled;St. Paul Central in USA Today

#9 posting 11.21.2007
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

OUT & ABOUT: CANCELLED
It must be the winter season. Snow is in the air and cars are in fender benders. I saw three accidents just around 94 & 252. Luckily I wasn't involved in any, but the amateurs can't handle the first snowfall.

I traveled to Minneapolis Washburn expecting to see Bloomington Kennedy vs Washburn, but when I arrived at Washburn, there were no cars in the lot. So I then traveled down to Kennedy and there were no cars in their front lot. I went to the back and talked to the folks in the activity center. They said that Washburn postponed or cancelled or forfeited. They couldn't be sure. They mentioned Washburn wasn't ready. The game wasn't cancelled due to weather.

Here is what I think happened: I coach at Henry (also in Minneapolis) and received an email about the building being shut down at 5:30 pm on Wednesday. I am sure Henry wasn't alone and the whole Minneapolis system shut down for the Thanksgiving holiday. Custodial workers get holiday overtime.

I have no clue if this game will be made up or not.

USA TODAY TOP 25
St. Paul Central is #14 in the first USA Today poll. Central is #3 in the Midwest region. #1 in the nation is Long Beach Poly. They will play SPC January 5th at the Target Center at 10 am. Jasmine Dixon is their top player.

Thanks to the readers for the help. If you have news, go to my profile and email me.

next up: tomorrow morning