Sunday, May 21, 2006

MN State AAU Champions

#2 posting 5.21.2006

The MN State AAU concluded this afternoon at Forest Lake with three champions crowned
14s: #2 MN Metro Stars 52, #4 MN Stars 39
15s: #1 NC Heat 51, #3 MN Total Package 46
16s: #1 North Tartan 59, #3 Triple Threat 42
I will be doing the Out&Abouts on all these games, plus the 15 semifinal I saw this morning won by Total Package 44, over MN Stars-Schmitz 37. These game will probably be coming out during the week. I will have a general posting during the day, and then I will have a posting later in the evening. I have seven games in the hopper, I have already posted two. I will be working by age to begin with. I have posted the two 16 games from yesterday and will post the 16 championship later tonight. After that I will tackle the 15s, then the 14s.

COACHING NEWS
WI
This again is about the Hortonville job that Jeff Lebeck is taking over. The previous article was a general, standard wire story. This story has some flesh. Here is the Appleton Post Crescent again bout Lebeck, former coach Dave Janssen, and the turmoil.

COACHING OPENINGS

EUROPE TRIP
The Big Ten Europe trip that will be coached by Illinois' Theresa Grentz will include players from each team in the Big 10. It is rumored that Leslie Knight will be the Gopher player.

INJURIES
MN
Steph Sension, Hopkins injured her ACL in the 16u state qualifier on May 7th. She may be ready to go again in the fall.

Next up: Tonight with the 16 finals North Tartan & Triple Threat.