Saturday, September 01, 2007

Swish Shooting Clinics

#1 posting 9.1.2007
your daily dose of girls basketball news & information

SWISH SHOOTING CLINIC
Tom Nordland, a player from Mpls Roosevelt in the 1950s, be coming to the Twin Cities area ~Oct. 4-11 to start my campaign to “Teach Minnesota How to Shoot a Basketball.” There was an article in the State Tournament Program (Boys) entitled “Teaching the World to Shoot a Basketball.” In case you missed it, here are links to the cover of the Program and the 1 1/2 page article:
Cover of Program
Page 1 of Article
Page 2 of Article

MY MISSION: TO TRAIN COACHES THROUGHOUT MINNESOTA
My interest and goal here is to put on Coaches’ Trainings in Minnesota to train as many coaches as I can in the Swish Method of shooting. My website, http://www.swish22.com, has the whole story. Please visit it to read the articles, endorsements, amazing testimonials, video clips, etc

WILL BE SPEAKING AND DEMONSTRATING AT MGBCA CLINIC OCT. 6
Two weeks ago I met Erin Hermann, the President of the Minnesota Girls Basketball Coaches Association, and I am going to be on their program on Saturday, Oct. 6th, from 2-3PM. In conjunction with that visit, I wish to put on a number of clinics, both for coaches and kids, and start this ambitious mission for Minnesota.

NEED HELP FINDING GYMS
I need help finding some gyms in the Twin Cities area (and out 50-100 miles). If you have connections for gyms, please let me know. I have to start organizing this now. Here are the general dates and times I need gyms:

(Coaches’ Trainings are 3 hours, Kids’ Clinics are 4 hours)
Thursday, Oct. 4, ~6-9PM -- Coaches
Friday, Oct. 5, ~6-9PM -- Coaches
Sunday, Oct. 7, Perhaps 9AM-1PM + 2-6PM, two 4-hour clinics? -- Kids
Monday, Oct. 8, ~6-9PM -- Coaches
Tuesday, Oct. 9, ~5-9PM -- Kids
Wednesday, Oct. 10, ~6-9PM -- Coaches
Thursday, Oct. 11, ~5-9PM -- Kids
You can see I’m alternating Coaches’ Trainings with Kids’ Clinics so the coaches can attend the latter and see how I put on clinics (and join in a bit to assist). These dates are approx. and flexible at this time. I could stay into the following weekend, if necessary.

PLEASE CALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
Please call me if you can help find a gym and/or help with organizing. The trip is five weeks away. I need to pin down dates, times and locations very quickly. I also wish to connect with youth coaches’ associations, as well as with the MGBCA, MBBCA, MSHSCA, etc. If you know of youth basketball organizations, contact me about that, too.
Tel # here in California: 888/794-7422
Cell phone while traveling: 831/247-4519
Email: Tom@swish22.com

Free Shooting Newsletter:
Coaches -- Visit this section for coaching ideas:
SWISH 2 AVAILABLE: Order the highly-acclaimed
“Swish 2" DVD! It's 2 hours of instruction and
includes remarkable shooting examples and great
detail of how to learn and coach the Swish Method.
SAMPLE CLIPS: See sample flash clips from both Swish
and Swish 2 videos

SWISH 2 TESTIMONIALS: Read these testimonials:

Thanks to the readers for the help. If you have news, go to my profile and email me.

next up: tomorrow